Corvette owners can get anywhere in any weather, with the new E-Ray – available in removable-roof coupe and hardtop convertible models – to enhance the driving experience with intense straight-line performance and sure footing. Uses electricity. Touring capabilities that can only be achieved with eAWD.
The E-Ray is also the only sports car to combine two separate propulsion systems that deliver naturally aspirated V-8 power with electrified responsiveness powered by eAWD, making it unlike any other. Is.
The E-Ray is the fastest production Corvette in history, clocking a 0-60 mph time of 2.5 seconds before passing the quarter mile in 10.5 seconds1.
Low-end torque feels immediate for a Corvette driving experience, and the E-Ray packs plenty of it. Power comes from a 6.2L LT2 small-block V-8, which puts 495 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft of torque to the rear axle. It is complemented by an electric motor that sends an additional 160 horsepower and 125 lb. ft. torque. In total, the E-Ray produces a combined 655 horsepower from both the electric motor and the small-block V-8.
E-Ray: Building Your Lane
The E-Ray’s intelligent eAWD system is constantly learning the road surface, seamlessly adapting to meet traction conditions and driver needs. During spirited driving and in low-traction environments, the E-Ray’s eAWD system applies additional power to the front wheels, helping to increase vehicle stability.
The E-Ray’s battery system does not require plug-in charging. The battery is charged through regenerative energy during coasting and braking as well as during normal driving.
Additional features and technologies of the all-new E-Ray include:
• Stealth mode, electric drive mode for the road, up to 45 MPH
• New lightweight lithium-ion 12-volt battery that supports the stop/start functionality of the LT2 V-8 engine
• Standard Brembo carbon ceramic brake system for excellent braking performance
• Standard Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 with three different suspension settings
• 20 and 21-inch wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport all-season tires. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Summer Tier 2 is available with an optional performance package.
• A low, wide stance with a sculpted body style that’s 3.6 inches wider overall than the Stingray.
• Visual sound experience that evokes the dominant presence of the car. The electric front motor works in sync with the LT2 engine to create a dynamic sound.
• Enhanced roster of driver assistance technologies (shared with all 2024 Corvette models) including Lane Keep Assist Lane Departure Warning3, Forward Collision Alert3 and Automatic Emergency Braking3.
Details of electric propulsion
The 2024 Corvette E-Ray’s electrified propulsion system delivers electrifying acceleration out of corners, and completes passing maneuvers with ease. It can also provide limited all-electric propulsion at the driver’s discretion on startup.
E-Ray’s standard Active Fuel Management system uses the electric motor to enhance 4-cylinder operation in various driving scenarios.
The amount of electric assist is tailored to each of the Corvette E-Ray’s six driver-selectable modes: Tour, Sport, Track, Weather, My-Mode and Z-Mode. Drivers can also select the Charge+ feature that maximizes the battery’s state of charge.
The E-Ray Performance app on the infotainment system provides the driver with technical insight into how the propulsion system is performing. There are three basic display layouts:
• Gauges (shows dynamic power output from electric motor and V8 engine)
• Dyno (provides graph of power/torque over selected time intervals)
• Data (represents electrical system efficiency and performance).
The Corvette E-Ray’s electric motor is compact on the front axle, saving space in the front storage compartment.
Stealth mode and tracking E-rays
The Corvette E-Ray’s two driver-initiated electric modes enable the car to travel under electric propulsion under certain conditions. The electric motor also improves track performance.
Stealth mode enables all-electric driving, when selected at startup, for a period before the engine is switched on for normal driving. It’s designed to cruise quietly through the neighborhood, with a top speed of 45 mph. The engine automatically engages if the vehicle’s speed is exceeded, additional torque is requested by the driver, or the E-Ray’s battery pack runs out.
When it comes to leveraging the electrified propulsion system for improved track performance, the E-Ray’s eAWD control system applies torque to the front axle as needed. The Charge+ feature can be used to maximize the battery’s state of charge for extended laps.
Custom-designed Performance Traction Management (PTM) modes are optimized in concert with the eAWD propulsion system.
The Middle East is defined by its love of sports cars that look the part, and the E-Ray delivers with an appearance that’s refined athletic styling and performance-oriented design that Corvette customers know and love. .
At a glance, the E-Ray shares its purposeful, wide body proportions with the Z06, including wide wheels that help manage the car’s high torque delivery. The lightweight alloy wheels feature a curved five-spoke star design exclusive to the E-Ray.
E-ray design highlights include:
• Four aluminum wheel finish
• Fourteen exterior color choices – including new for 2024 Riptide Blue, Seawolf Gray and Cacti
• E-Ray-exclusive body-length stripe package in Electric Blue
• Standard carbon flash badging
• Available black exhaust tips and bright badging
• Available carbon fiber ground effects
• Optional carbon fiber wheels in Carbon Flash, visible carbon fiber finish or visible carbon fiber with red stripe
The E-Ray also features an all-new Artemis-Dipped interior, featuring deep green tones throughout almost every interior surface and will only be available on 2024 Corvettes. There are a number of options for customers to choose from when it comes to personalizing the interior of their E-Ray including two carbon fiber trim packages, three seat choices, seven interior colors, and more.
Additionally, there are new Charge+ and Stop/Start buttons on the console and updates to the infotainment system and instrument cluster aimed at providing a more cohesive look.
Arriving in the Middle East in late 2023
The 2024 Corvette E-Ray will arrive in the Middle East in early 2023. For more information, visit chevroletarabia.com.