HHarley-Davidson was founded by William S. Harley and brothers Arthur Davidson and Walter Davidson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1903!
Another brother, William A. Davidson, joined in 1907, the same year the boys began hanging out with the V twins.
It was the start of something very special and while the brand had a wild ride over the decades, the company had a revival in the early 80s and never looked back.
To celebrate the anniversary, the company has unveiled a stack of limited edition bikes, namely:
- Anniversary Ultra Limited (limited to 1,300 examples worldwide)
- Tri-Glide Ultra Anniversary (1,100 examples)
- Street Glide Anniversary Special (1,600 examples)
- Road Glide Anniversary Special (1,600 examples)
- Fat Boy’s 114th Birthday (3,000 examples)
- Heritage Classic 114th Anniversary (1,700 examples)
- A brand new breakout, with more mess
- The all-new Road Glide 3 brings hot rod style to three wheels.
- The Nightster Special model was added to the range for lovers of sportier models.
- Freewheeler reskinned in blackout presentation.
- And cruise control was developed as a standard feature on more models.
At the top of the tree is the CVO Road Glide Limited Anniversary model. According to Harley-Davidson, the bike will boast one of the most intricate paint schemes HD has to offer, including panels of Heirloom Red over a basecoat of Anniversary Black, with each The outline is drawn with a bright red pin stripe and by hand. Apply gold paint to the scalp.
Fine details added within the panels depict the head and wings of an eagle in flight. The gold-plated tank medallion features an Art Deco rendition of the eagle, an iconic Harley-Davidson design element.
Other items include gold and red contrast stitching accents, gold-tone powertrain inserts and Alcantara seat surfaces with bright red rocker boxes and pushrod tube collars.
The complete line of 2023 Harley-Davidson motorcycles, genuine Harley accessories, and HD gear and apparel are now available and can be viewed at authorized Harley-Davidson dealerships. Here on the Harley website.